Monday, June 22, 2009

#84. buy new mp3 player

Ok, let's mix it up a bit and go tech. When I put this item on the to-do list, I had a 512k(!) mp3 player. It was a pretty crummy thing, but I don't listen to it for a audial experience. I was killing time or walking to the store or something, so it did just fine. It played music, and I listened to music.

But I put a new mp3 player on the ol' Christmas list and I got one. A Zune. Two weeks later, of course, Microsoft finally ceded defeat and discontinued the thing. It's supposedly great for everything, and maybe it is. But I don't want to look at my pictures on a 1.5"x 1.5" screen. Or watch videos. Or do any of that stuff. I don't download music these days so this whole "synching" thing is also wasted on me. I'm not a mac fanboy so I wasn't angling for an iWhatever, but an mp3 player would've been good. Dump your music on it and good to go.

So I use it and it's not bad. Tons of features that I don't want or need, but it does play music while I walk to the store. And it does hold all of my music so I should not be complaining, ultimately.

No comments: