Monday, November 1, 2010

#63. fire a gun

Done and done and done. Fired three different guns, actually, almost a year ago now. A .22, a 9 mm and a rifle of some sort.

The experience was far less dramatic than I thought it would be. The .22 was a joke to handle. It felt like an air gun. The 9 mm had a short barrel and I couldn't hit anything with it. The rifle took some getting used to, but I was hitting targets 40 yards away pretty quickly.

In fact, the biggest takeaway from all of it was that its disturbingly easy to use a firearm (yes, in controlled circumstances). I'm also not at all disturbed to say that I enjoyed the experience, even though I won't go out of my way to do it again.

I don't know if it counts, but I shot a potato gun on the same trip as the other guns. It was interesting, too.

No comments: